Progressive and Personalized
The Study Academy is a small and nurturing independent day school that helps students pursue personalized education tailored to their unique learning style and capabilities. Our students are challenged and enriched in a supportive environment that focuses on personal growth as well as academic achievement. The Study Academy’s vision and core values are deeply embedded in the student’s experience, our teaching practice, and our incorporation of the principles of Mind, Brain, and Education.
The Study Academy features a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio. This allows us to offer personalized education that is tailored to each student’s unique learning style and abilities. By keeping class sizes small and intimate, our teachers can give students the individual encouragement that they need to thrive. Let us unlock your child’s full potential by giving them the one-on-one attention that they deserve.
We are governed by three core values that help to define the culture and character of our school:
Education has entered the threshold of reform and is being reshaped by a series of factors. Most prominent among these factors is the convergence of the fields of education, psychology, and neuroscience. From this emergent transdiscipline, we have composed 5 central beliefs of education:
- Learning is a social activity, informed by our emotions and motivations
- The student is the central participant in the school
- A learning environment is responsive to the individual differences between students including their prior knowledge
- Virtuous cycles arise when a school participates in research that informs practice and the teaching practice informs research directions
- Learning demands a disciplined investment of intelligence from learners
We see a learning environment where students are uniquely challenged and given the opportunities and guidance to pursue their academic passions.